Early in the 1990’s Leslie Ohnstad, product developer began her business the “old fashioned” way. A brilliant idea and willingness to burn the midnight oil seven days a week. All because of her love of color and unquenchable curiosity about chemistry!
Our original industry technology of proprietary color and mineral blends sets us apart from all other paint companies.
ColourArte various fine art products.
- Primary Elements™,dry paint for water-soluble media
- Rezin Arte™ “dry paint” for epoxy
- BlingIT custom minerals blends
- PrizmPour™ Enamel based shimmering paints
- Vivid Intense™, fluid acrylic with 500% more color saturation than tube or bottle paint.
- Vivid mediums and binders.
Other products designed by Leslie Ohnstad: Silks Acrylic Glaze™,Twinkling H2O’s™,Radiant Rain™ and Radiant Gels™.
At Colourarte, we’re committed to preserving and protecting the environment, continually seeking opportunities to reduce our impact on the planet. We understand the far-reaching effects of our actions, and recognize our responsibility as a global company to conserve resources and minimize waste.
ColourArte considers its full impact on the environment and is proud of an ongoing 27 year commitment to green practices, every step of the way.
BlingIt Pure Minerals
For 27 years, we have created our signature blends with the highest quality of multi-coated pure minerals available in the world. BlingIt Pure minerals is a must have for every artist toolbox.
Use for its reflective properties, creating pearlescent effects that add depth dimension to your projects. BlingIt various particulate sizes create different clarity, coverage, and special effects while offering extreme color fastness and stability.
BlingIT Uses: Epoxy, UV resin, nail polish, Polymer clay, jewelry making, fabric, varnish, acrylic, encaustics, alcohol ink, leather, wood, glass, gels etc., Must be mixed with a binder to adhere to various surfaces.
"Dry paint" For Epoxy
In 2016, founder Leslie Ohnstad, began her journey to develop another signature “dry paint” blend. Rezin Arte is made with Epoxy friendly color & pre-moistened minerals bound with an Eco-friendly binder’ that dissolves instantly into resin.
7 + years later, we are the only company in the world to manufacture an environmentally “green” dry paint system compatible with Epoxy.
ColourArte considers its full impact on the environment and is proud of an ongoing 18 year commitment to green practices, every step of the way.
In 1997, founder Leslie Ohnstad, had a brilliant idea to develop a “dry paint” system made of translucent ground color and pure minerals.
20 + years later, we are the only company in the world to manufacture a true dry paint system compatible with all water soluble media.
How to use
- Gum Arabic: Use Equal Parts PE with Bind and Resist. Mix solution of 4 oz water with 1/2 tsp corn syrup. Add small amounts of solution to create a creamy watercolor paste
- Varnish : Mix 1/2 tsp of PE to one ounce of Varnish
- Acrylic mediums: Pour 1/3 oz of acrylic in cup, add 1/4 tsp PE mix color into paste. Add balance (2/3 oz) of acrylic blend into smooth consistency.
- Heavy gel medium: Using a palette knife, mix 1/2 tsp PE with 1/2 oz gel medium. Mix until color particles are broken down. Add balance 1/2 oz gel medium mix until color is evenly distributed.
- Glazing medium: Pour 1/3 oz glazing medium in cup. Add 1/4 tsp PE to cup and mix color into a paste. Add balance 2/3 oz and mix into a smooth glaze.
Pure Permanent artist grade colors mixed in just enough medium surface tension acrylic to flow with 500 % more color saturation than any tube or bottle paint
Deepen or modify your favorite tube paints, or pigments
Mix: add a drop or two of Vivid Intense Fluid Acrylics:
- To tint clear base
- To change or modify a color
- To intensify a color
PrizmPour medium body, artist grade colors and pure minerals in water soluble enamel base. It is not a ready to pour paint.
Brush painting quick drying time
Allow to totally dry between layers. Stunning effects can be achieved when glazed over with vivid intense mixed in glazing medium.
- Glass: Clean glass with alcohol before applying.
- Metal: Clean metal with alcohol before applying.
- Wood: Properly primed wood before applying
- Canvas: Canvas is best when primed first.
- MDF board; prime before applying
- Texture paste and crackle paste: Paint or sponge
PrizmPour mixed with 3-1 polyurethane varnish will create lacing when cell activator is used over the top.
Proudly made in the USA, we design and produce the best art materials we know how. We use the finest ingredients created with an expert eye, and then magically blended and filled by our ‘Grand Masters’ behind the scenes.
There is a great deal of satisfaction to be gained from hand making products of superior quality that you know will stand the test of time. It makes the hard work of obsessing over every detail worth all the effort.
That’s our reward. That’s why we stick to just mixing color. Yup, when the music is loud and the coffee is strong, we make paint. That’s all folks.